Quantin Binnah Community Centre was officially opened on 30th September 1992
and began providing services on 5th October 1992.
The name Quantin Binnah is Canadian Indian in origin, meaning
'Full and Plenty' and was the name of the Homestead built in 1890 by George Chaffey. The Chaffey brothers were responsible for the development of irrigation systems locally in Werribee South and in Mildura, Renmark and California.
The Centre is located near the site of the Quantin Binnah Homestead and has taken on its name.
The centre now honours
through the naming of a community room after him and our café’s Peppercorn community space after the peppercorn trees grown on his property.
Our Café and its community space were built later as an addition to the front of the building in 2010. The paved path that winds around the café to Thames Boulevard was built to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the centre in 2017 with pavers recording the names of past QB members.